Thursday, May 21, 2015

BLOG SPOTLIGHT: STAY BOOKISH
2:25 AM

BLOG SPOTLIGHT: STAY BOOKISH



A blog designer, a photographer, a daydreamer, and most of all a book blogger. Our blogger for this week is the bookish Hazel of StayBookish Blog. Just a few weeks back, she announced on her blog that she would be joining Camp NaNoWriMo this April and I was one of the people who got excited for her and you guys should know that she won and made 50K-word novel in less than a month! Bravo Hazel! I'll be sure to watch out for that one:)

You can visit her post about it in here while enjoying this interview with Hazel.


When did you start book blogging?

- I started book blogging June 2013! My blog’s almost two years old!


How did you start your blog? Did it occur to you that you are already a book blogger or your love for books just can't be contained that you incorporated it almost everyday in your post?

- I started my blog with every intent to officially go in to book blogging. I used to have a personal blog before but then I wanted to post more about books (because I read so many amazing ones) I started to think 'why not create a book blog?' and so I did. And that has made all the difference, to quote Frost.


How often do you post on your blog?

- I really don't have a schedule for posting and I'm not exactly very organized or consistent but I try to keep up 3-5 posts a week on average.


Do you always go on book signing events? How do you feel whenever youu meet that person behind our treasured books?

- I usually do since the events are held conveniently near for me. I love meeting authors and getting to chat with them. It's a huge honor to get to meet the person behind the books and stories that touched my heart.





Top 3 favorite Filipino book bloggers



Top 3 favorite International book bloggers



Top 3 fandoms(Are you a serious fangirl?)

- Harry Potter (always!!!! <3)
- Percy Jackson (because Percabeth!!!)
- The Hunger Games

Hells yeah, I’m a fangirl. I’m not very showy about it but the fangirl is definitely within me.


Top 3 fictional boyfriends

- The struggle to answer this question is real!! Okay, I'll probably go with Etienne St. Clair from Anna, Matt Finch from Open Road Summer and Frank Porter from Since You've Been Gone. I’ve always seen Etienne played by Aaron Johnson (the Angus, Thongs.. movie version) but I don’t know who I’d like as Matt and Frank! Too many choices!


I'm so cheesy but I want to tell everyone else to always stay bookish. And read on! <3








I’m Hazel, bookish, weird and an introvert most of the time. I’m 19 and I’d rather stay in bed with my books all day. I live in the Philippines but I also live in my mind.
I love reading novels, sipping hot chocolate on cold mornings, taking photographs of lovely things, collecting vintage cameras, daydreaming, braiding my hair, blogging about my not so interesting life (it makes it more interesting that way), laughing really loud, seeing places I’ve never seen before and looking at the clouds.
READ MORE...


One of Hazel's hobby, is photography and it is very much apparent in her instagram posts how great she is in taking photos, especially when books are her subjects. Let us take a peek on Hazel's bookshelves and some of her book photography down below.
All images are from Hazel's instagram


These books somehow is an inspiration for everyone to just "read on".
All images are from Hazel's instagram




Stay Bookish





EMAIL HER AT: hazelstaybookish@gmail.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about our blogger for today? :)